Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 April 2012

JRJ á Annecy

Yesterday I returned home from a Rotary bus trip to Annecy, and it was the best five days I have had so far in France. It was amazing. The bus trip happens every 4 years (I think), so I was really lucky to go! It was with all of the Rotary Exchange Students in France (over 430 of us). I left at 6 30 am on Thursday morning, on the way we went through Belgium and then stopped off in Luxembourg. Luxembourg was really cool, it is a tiny country between France, Belgium and Germany, they speak French, German and there own language. After a bit of a walk in Luxembourg we headed off for Strasbourg! Which was right on the German border (but still in France). Strasbourg was soo cool, the buildings were really colourful and German looking, and there was a really nice river there too. That night we went to the Strasbourg districts Rotary club and had dinner with them, it was heaps of fun, I got to see all my friends and we watched a traditional German/French dance thing. The next day we headed off for Annecy! We went through Switzerland which was awesome, Switzerland is so awesome and green and there are mountains everywhere! We got stuck in a bit of traffic and were a bit late for Annecy but once we got there it was fine. All the other districts were already there, we were the last ones. It was so exciting seeing all my friends from Australia that I met on the plain and that I went to Barcelona with. The first night in Annecy we ate dinner then had a disco thing which was fun. The next day we got up early and had an awesome breakfast at the hotel, we went to a rotary conference thing (I fell asleep) then we had a little picnic lunch which was cool. We then took a boat into the main City of Annecy and took a giant group photo with the Mayor. We spent some time in Annecy then took the boat back to the conference place and did a talent show. Every district had to present something, my district made up a song in heaps of different languages, it was pretty cool. Some districts shows were so good. After dinner they had a DJ and we partied 'til 2 and then went back to our Hotel's (didn't sleep at all that night). The next morning we had to go on a fish hunt (I got excited and thought we were actually fishing). All we had to do was walk around and look for 8 different fish on a piece of paper, hidden around the place. It turns out there were only 7 fish and the whole thing was a joke because it was April Fools. After that we went back into Annecy for a bit then started heading for home. We stopped off in a small town for the night and got up early the next morning to visit a photography museum. I don't know how to explain how or why this trip was so good, as it sounds really boring in this blog, but it was so so so amazing. I met some of the coolest, nicest, funniest people ever, and I will never forget how much fun I had. I didn't sleep much at all and am so sick now I am home (so is everyone) but it was all worth it so much. France is a beautiful country (especially the Annecy area). I was so lucky with the weather, I even got sunburnt twice!
oh and I made it into the paper! 
 Luxembourg
 Strasbourg
 Picnic in Annecy
 Lake Annecy




No comments:

Post a Comment